WELCOME TO MY "OTHER" BLOG!

If you are coming from Building Heavenly Bridges (BHB), WELCOME and if you are finding me for the first time and looking for support after a loss, then please check me out at my grief/loss blog!



This blog is a series of anecdotes from our life after losing our first child, a stillborn daughter, then going on to birth the two other lights of our lives!

Bear is 6: serious, organized, my cruise director and my time keeper.

The Comedian is 4: She is pure comedy always doing something unintentionaly funny that I attempt to put into words.

Enjoy our stories, conversations, and delights as we embrace the lives of our second and third daughters without ever negating our first.

Children's Widsom - Quote of the week...

Children's Widsom - Quote of the week...
"I Wish Emma Was Alive Because I Would Tell Her Where The Bathroom Is"

Friday, January 22, 2010

Daily Picture Post - #9 - The Girl With The Broken Shoe

Ya see, sometimes being the receiver of hand-me-downs just doesn't make any sense.

You would think that having an older sister born in the same season would make everything hand-me-downable, but no-where in this home do we seem to have a size 12 shoe to fit Ms. Comedian's foot.

The only thing I can think is that a big growing bear of 5 years old skipped the 12's and went directly to 13's -- for I have plenty of those!

And so, we had a phenomenon round these parts on Wednesday that doesn't happen very often! We bought something brand-spankin' NEW for Comedian!

Here is the old shoe - size 11. Literally with the stuffing falling out of it! (And, in a shockingly un-mother-of-the-year move I made her wear them like this for nearly two whole weeks and I conducted a very throrough 'we must have a size 12 here somewhere' search!)


And here she is, bemusedly, disposing of said shoe.

And, ta-da-de-da...here are the sparkly, never had another's foot in them shoes she now wears EVERYWHERE!!


Have a great day!


3 comments:

Kristin said...

I love shoe shopping. Tell Comedian I like her new shoes.

..al said...

She looks toooooo happy to be letting that shoe fall in the trash can....ha ha ha!!

Congrats to Comedian for the spanky new shoes!!!

Flying Monkeys said...

Very cute shoes! I'd have a closet full of shoes if I could.