WELCOME TO MY "OTHER" BLOG!

If you are coming from Building Heavenly Bridges (BHB), WELCOME and if you are finding me for the first time and looking for support after a loss, then please check me out at my grief/loss blog!



This blog is a series of anecdotes from our life after losing our first child, a stillborn daughter, then going on to birth the two other lights of our lives!

Bear is 6: serious, organized, my cruise director and my time keeper.

The Comedian is 4: She is pure comedy always doing something unintentionaly funny that I attempt to put into words.

Enjoy our stories, conversations, and delights as we embrace the lives of our second and third daughters without ever negating our first.

Children's Widsom - Quote of the week...

Children's Widsom - Quote of the week...
"I Wish Emma Was Alive Because I Would Tell Her Where The Bathroom Is"

Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Baby!

The Comedian is 4 today! To quote Martha, (with a gender pronoun switch) "Sometimes I look at her and I can't believe she's mine." Seriously, just look at her. She looks NOTHING like me. (Um - if you've never seen her before - and you didn't figure it out - she's on the left!)And her personality? It might be fair to say there are traits she inherited from who-knows-where that I am acutally jealous of.

She is kind, fair and always willing to share. She is funny, yet able to laugh at herself. The wind blows to the left - she goes to the left. The breeze shifts to the right and she follows. She is a happy, healthy, secure in her choices little girl. She amazes me.

She approached her birthday with her typical , lay-se-fair attitude.

"Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday to you..." - I woke her with song this morning. "Oh, it's today? I'm hungry" was her birthday response.

"How old are you today?" Her Nana and Papa asked over the phone. "I don't know" she said. She's said this for days as people inquire. She's convincing everytime. It seems the number doesn't matter to her.

She "Oooooooo'ed" and "Aaaaaaahhh'ed" at every piece of her present, even the wrapping paper. And the look on her face was a perfect mix of joy and appreciation.

The combined party is Saturday. She struggled to create a guest list. "Do you have any close friends at pre-school?" I asked, a few times in different ways. "Naw" she replied with a huge grin, "I'm just friends with everybody". It's true. It's delightful to watch her grow.

I marvel at this gorgeous soul we created who takes the world for what it is and nothing more.
I gawk at her ability to shrug off her birthday like a old man who mutters, "Eh - it's just another day, isnt it?

It is adorable and endearing. It shows her strength of heart. Seriously - she's mine?

Enjoy the show! And be sure to click the video at the end for a guaranteed smile!
Making Strawberry Cupcakes for Preschool
Licking the beater - of course!

Making PINK icing!

Um - testing the pink icing. Who wouldn't?

Taking care of her hunger issue while not being concerned with the gifts right in front of her!

The look of joy and gratitude. The one that melts my heart!

Even at recycled gifts from her sister!

Here's to you baby. May you never change!

7 comments:

Dora said...

I adore her! Happy birthday, girl!

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

This post brought tears to my eyes, Thank you for sharing your precious Comedian, and both your girls and your love for them. Please tell Miss Comedian I make a strawberry cake with whipped cream and fresh strawberries from down the road that is Fabulous.

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

I would love to make it for her next birthday or anyone after that...

..al said...

Happy Birthday, Sweetie! I know I am late but please forgive me for that! Comedian's favourite colour is pink?

I could hear Bear chuckling in the background! You have a beautiful family!

I don't bake cakes, but I love devouring them! :)

Happy Birthday again Comedian! And I loved your response to Mummy..."I am hungry!".

Barbara said...

Sweet lovely girls SO grown up.

I imagine Emma looking down on her two little sisters laughing along with them.

"The wind blows to the left - she goes to the left. The breeze shifts to the right and she follows."

We should all try to live her way!

xxx

Eskimo_Kisses_4_U said...

Happy Birthday, Comedian! I hope you had a wonderful day and I hope you never change.

MrsSpock said...

Happy Birthday! I wish we all found it so easy to be friends with everyone!