WELCOME TO MY "OTHER" BLOG!

If you are coming from Building Heavenly Bridges (BHB), WELCOME and if you are finding me for the first time and looking for support after a loss, then please check me out at my grief/loss blog!



This blog is a series of anecdotes from our life after losing our first child, a stillborn daughter, then going on to birth the two other lights of our lives!

Bear is 6: serious, organized, my cruise director and my time keeper.

The Comedian is 4: She is pure comedy always doing something unintentionaly funny that I attempt to put into words.

Enjoy our stories, conversations, and delights as we embrace the lives of our second and third daughters without ever negating our first.

Children's Widsom - Quote of the week...

Children's Widsom - Quote of the week...
"I Wish Emma Was Alive Because I Would Tell Her Where The Bathroom Is"

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thoughtful Thursday (A day early)

Tomorrow - DH, Bear, The Comedian and I will be celebrating Thanksgiving. I am so glad there is a day that brings us all together to be grateful AND to say those gratitudes out loud.

Last Week On THOUGHTFUL THURSDAYS: The Comedian's idle stream-of-concsiousness thoughts on... just about anything!... The Comedian shared profound thoughts about hunting season.

This week, she has been a bit cranky (molars? growth spurt? having internal conflict about turning four?) I cannot say for sure, but instead of documenting her disgust with all things "too loud for her ears", we have a guest speaker.

Please welcome Bear as she shares her view on... An Early Winter.

We are getting ready for school on a particully bitter morning. (Try to imagine January in November - Brrr!)

Bear: (grumpily) - "Nooooo. I don't want to wear a hat. I dooon't want to wear mittens. It's too cold out."

Me: "Yes. I totally agree with you. It is very cold out. But that is exactly why you need to wear your hat and your mittens."

Bear: (riding in the car, still stewing about the weather) "I don't want it to be Winter. I want it to be Spring again!"

Me: "Yeah! Me too. Wouldn't that be great!"

Bear: (suddenly inspired and in great spirits with a lift in her voice) "I know. I'm going to call God. I'm going to tell him to change Winter back into Spring!"

(Silence. Apparently - it was final. She had a plan and was satisfied.)

Me: (unable to resist because I know how literal she is and will in NO way get my sarcasm) "Great. Super. Just let me know how that works out, allright?"

Bear: (exiting the car at school) "Ok. Yup! I'll tell you what he says."

6 comments:

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

God has it figured out, your daughter just needs to get to Australia where it is Spring!

MrsSpock said...

I second Martha's suggestion!

Kristin said...

ROFL...too funny.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

..al said...

Ha Ha Ha! What's the progress after that?

Michelle said...

LOL let me know if it works. I could use spring here as well.

..al said...

You..Yes You....You won yourself an award! Go pick up your badge here!

http://ovulationticker.blogspot.com/2008/11/good-things-multiply.html

Waiting to see your responses!