WELCOME TO MY "OTHER" BLOG!

If you are coming from Building Heavenly Bridges (BHB), WELCOME and if you are finding me for the first time and looking for support after a loss, then please check me out at my grief/loss blog!



This blog is a series of anecdotes from our life after losing our first child, a stillborn daughter, then going on to birth the two other lights of our lives!

Bear is 6: serious, organized, my cruise director and my time keeper.

The Comedian is 4: She is pure comedy always doing something unintentionaly funny that I attempt to put into words.

Enjoy our stories, conversations, and delights as we embrace the lives of our second and third daughters without ever negating our first.

Children's Widsom - Quote of the week...

Children's Widsom - Quote of the week...
"I Wish Emma Was Alive Because I Would Tell Her Where The Bathroom Is"

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Young Love Thwarted (AN UPDATE)

If you read the post before this, (check it out for the dialogue alone!)then you know I was having a minor panic attack because my Kindergartener was exibiting slighly teenagerish behaviour with regards to a FIRST GRADE BOY!


We live close to the school, so on mornings when we can, I walk Bear just the two of us and the most amazing thing happens..SHE TALKS TO ME! You know, that kind of "spill all" conversation you were hoping for when you pick up and say, "How was your day honey" and you get a sullen faced "Fine. Nothing happened" response.

Well, walking to school on this particular morning she covered various topics: making stone soup, the very hungry catepillar, playing baseball IN the gym, wanting to win the art "scribble" of the month (I'll post it when its done - CUTE!), then....the BUS goes by (YES...but number 2) and her face instantly becomes dagger-like, as in "a woman scorned" kind of way. She turns to me and says in a similarly disgusted voice:

Bear: "That bo-oy doesn't want to play with me anymore."

Me: "Oh?" (I tried to keep my responses short cause she was an info spilling machine!)

Bear: (with great digust) "HE wants to play with M. now." (and she sighes heavily)

Me: (nodding) "Well..."

Bear: "When I started chasing him yesterday he PUSHED me!"

Me: "On purpose?"

Bear: (begrudingly - but pretty sure I'm not getting her point) "No, on accident cause HE was chasing M.!!"

And that, my bloggy friends, is the end of that! Kindergarden unrequited love ending with a frown and a stomp, then a cheeful, "Ah - mom we have library today!"

Oh- to be five again (with - of course a certain flare for the dramatic...wonder where she got that?)

3 comments:

MrsSpock said...

Ah, young love...At least they're playing chase and not "Kiss 'N Catchers" like we did...

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Beautiful girls, just like their mommy. Great pictures and thanks for sharing playground love stories, always brings a smile!

Winnie said...

Great post, thanks for writing