WELCOME TO MY "OTHER" BLOG!

If you are coming from Building Heavenly Bridges (BHB), WELCOME and if you are finding me for the first time and looking for support after a loss, then please check me out at my grief/loss blog!



This blog is a series of anecdotes from our life after losing our first child, a stillborn daughter, then going on to birth the two other lights of our lives!

Bear is 6: serious, organized, my cruise director and my time keeper.

The Comedian is 4: She is pure comedy always doing something unintentionaly funny that I attempt to put into words.

Enjoy our stories, conversations, and delights as we embrace the lives of our second and third daughters without ever negating our first.

Children's Widsom - Quote of the week...

Children's Widsom - Quote of the week...
"I Wish Emma Was Alive Because I Would Tell Her Where The Bathroom Is"

Saturday, October 4, 2008

She's Getting The Hang of It!

The last two posts have focused on Bear. The Comedian has not been quiet, on the contrary she has been developing her skills in the scariest of ways...cognative! Here she is finding it hysterical that her glasses (second pair in seven months) are hanging by a thread on her ear!


If you are new to the anecdotes of my youngest, click here and enjoy her proud moment as she did my paperwork for me! Now, I admit it was funny, yes - very funny, but what makes her so indescribably effective when she delivers her punchlines is how very much she BELIEVES them in contrast to the adult spin we put on her words.
She sat at the dinner table a few weeks ago, with a perfectly straight face and delivered this line in a base deadpan voice. Conversation:

Hubby to Friend: Do you need to go to work tonight?
Friend: No. I think I'm going to stop in at the bar.

Hubby: Oh. (then looking at the girls) At least I don't have to worry about you going to the bar.

The Comedian: (takes a drink, looks up and says) "Not yet." (takes another bite of food, unaffected)

I, totally affected, spit out my milk and ruined whatever was left on my plate. I laughed so hard I cried, mostly at the continual look on her face of, What? I don't even know what a bar is but I'm not going, so 'not yet' seems like a perfectly logical response. She's priceless really and if you aren't currently spitting milk on your plate, I warned you ...words don't do her justice. She induces those moments that you can just think about later on in the evening and find yourself, once again, doubling over with silent tears escaping from your eyes.

We have been laughing with (and occasionally at) her for the last three years. She is a smart little girl, and like all babes when you react they do it again and again and again for a better reaction. But now, she is (here's the scary part) THINKING about how amusing we think she is and it appears she is now ...PLOTTING AGAINST US!

This evening, my parents took the kids to what sounded like the most magical evening ever. It was called the Enchanted Forest, an outdoor storytelling, music and folk song production which can only be heightened by the Fall evening smell present in our little country towns these days.
My mother reported back: "The Comedian's first hoodwinking expedition in the name of humor."

After the show, she looks up at my father and reports how very tired she is, accompanied by an equally convincing facial contortion. Obviously he leans over to pick her up. (NOTE: she is three years old, totally proportional, but NOT light!) As she is getting her hip ride to the car, she sweetly looks in direcly in the eyes ( a twinkle in hers) and reports with unadulterated glee, "I was not tired!" Then, that Comedian look - and all three of them are laughing.

So now I know she is spending her latter months as a three year old, thinking, processing, and devising ways to prank us so we will dissolve into hysterical laughter, for - no doubt, we will. You know, I wish I had that gift. I don't, but I just pray I have the tolerance to endure it during the teenage years!

5 comments:

Dora said...

Okay, it's official, I'm in love with her.

When I was little I used to pretend to be asleep in the car on the way home at night, so my father would carry me to bed.

..al said...

Your daughter is adorable...Happy Parenting!

MrsSpock said...

LOL...hilarious! You're really in for some trouble...

Cara said...

Ok, Dora's in love with her...wiseguy says "happy parenting" but I'm guessing that's a "wisecrack" and Mrs. Spock nails it with, "in for some trouble".

I just hope you all stick with my long enough (or come back for a cameo) in about 12 years when I'm grey and ripping the rest out!

Seriously, she's a doll.

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

What a crack up! You're going to have to keep a close eye on her! Lucky You!