WELCOME TO MY "OTHER" BLOG!

If you are coming from Building Heavenly Bridges (BHB), WELCOME and if you are finding me for the first time and looking for support after a loss, then please check me out at my grief/loss blog!



This blog is a series of anecdotes from our life after losing our first child, a stillborn daughter, then going on to birth the two other lights of our lives!

Bear is 6: serious, organized, my cruise director and my time keeper.

The Comedian is 4: She is pure comedy always doing something unintentionaly funny that I attempt to put into words.

Enjoy our stories, conversations, and delights as we embrace the lives of our second and third daughters without ever negating our first.

Children's Widsom - Quote of the week...

Children's Widsom - Quote of the week...
"I Wish Emma Was Alive Because I Would Tell Her Where The Bathroom Is"

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Backseat Confusion

This morning the girls and I drove about an hour and a half round trip to get the supplied we needed to start our outdoor furnace. (ours looks just like that green one!) It's getting realllllly nippy here in Verdmont!


Anyway, driving back from semi-local dealer the girls were getting a.n.t.s.y in the back seat squished around a collective 16 feet of pipe-stack (in 4-feet sections of course) and three gallons of anti-corrosive to flush the system.


And I...was stopping here and there and everywhere to take my last few pics for the Virtual World Tour for 2008. No wonder they were getting crabby! So, I did what any desperate mother would do...I threw a non-healthy but "keep 'em quiet for a few minutes" snack their way.


Exhibit A:



This is what I hear between gummy, fake fruity chews.


Bear: "Mom, is this from China?"

Me: "Huh?"

Bear: "The fruit snacks. Did they make them in China?"


(Comprehension slowly dawning on me, but hysteria taking over as I can not possibly understand where her 5 year old mind put together the fact that nearly EVERYTHING we give them is made in China...I can't stop laughing."


Me: (Eventually calming down I manage to say) "No honey. I don't think they are made in China. I think they are made in America."


Bear: "Where is America?"


SERIOUSLY - WE ARE TEACHING THE WRONG THINGS..NO?


NOTE: I checked the box. They are made in Minnesota. Betty Crocker style.

3 comments:

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Too cute, glad the Princess Snacks were made in Minnesota. I love fall in Vermont! We were at Lake Winnipesaukee this summer.

Kristin said...

ROFL...your girls are so funny and cute.

Childproofing The Bronx said...

Good readinng this post