WELCOME TO MY "OTHER" BLOG!

If you are coming from Building Heavenly Bridges (BHB), WELCOME and if you are finding me for the first time and looking for support after a loss, then please check me out at my grief/loss blog!



This blog is a series of anecdotes from our life after losing our first child, a stillborn daughter, then going on to birth the two other lights of our lives!

Bear is 6: serious, organized, my cruise director and my time keeper.

The Comedian is 4: She is pure comedy always doing something unintentionaly funny that I attempt to put into words.

Enjoy our stories, conversations, and delights as we embrace the lives of our second and third daughters without ever negating our first.

Children's Widsom - Quote of the week...

Children's Widsom - Quote of the week...
"I Wish Emma Was Alive Because I Would Tell Her Where The Bathroom Is"

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Show and Tell - Mind Scribbler







It's Wednesday. It's show and tell day, the day of the week where we share interesting snippets from our collective lifes both to amuse and to learn more about each other.


This blog has been strangely silent as of late, an unexpected side effect of my recent, albeit, early dowslide into 'the lead up to Emma's birthday'.



So, a big thank you to Kristin for sending me this award, not only because it ends my unintended silence here and inspired me to post a few more recent pics of our summer experience, but because it celebrates one of the things I am currently grieving most. On Sept 1st I will walk back into a classroom and commence teaching. My magical year of writing is over. I'm sad. So, thanks for recognizing this part of me that has been rejuvinated. To be clear, I'll still write - I'll just have to carry my super cool, retro hand-held recorder with me all the time so when inspiration strikes and I am in the middle of teaching a lesson about something preschoolish I can put the topic, and perhaps the first few lines into my magic inspiration box.


Behold -- said magic inspiration box procured for pennies on the dollar at a...you guess it...yard sale when the seller couldn't guarantee if it worked. It does. Well.




So, my challenge is to embrace what is left of the summer while trudging through this nasty grief haze I'm in. My strategy? A scrapbook, of course. But not just any scrapbook. Inspired by my good friend I am doing a 'day-to-day month of August' scrapbook. This serves two purposes.


1. I am constantly distracted (read: not allowed to fall into a thousand pieces) throughout the day by remembering that I am supposed to be remembering my camera and snapping photos of our daily events.


2. When complete, the book will serve as a concrete reminder that even though I felt like my heart was being squished by a bulldozer - again, I managed to create opportunities for my children to enjoy their last month of summer. And, I might add, looked like I was too.


And so...a brief snippit of the scrapbook in the making


Aug 1 - At the lake




Aug. 2nd - Me, signing Amazing Grace at church as my Summer music offering.

Aug 3rd - Off to play tennis!




Aug 4th - An improptu lunch out with Auntie Erika and the girls' Great-Godmother Karen and Great-Godfather Paul!





Aug 5th - Rocking out Gymnastics / Dance Class
See, doesn't look like I'm in total control? That's what I do. When I feel out of control -- I take complete control.



What is the rest of the class showing and telling?

5 comments:

Mrs. Gamgee said...

It looks like you and your girls are having a great summer. And I'm big on distraction-seeking-activities... hence my current obsession with learning all I can about pugs.

Kristin said...

It looks like you are having a fabulous summer despite the grief that is creeping in. {{{Hugs}}} my friend.

Beautiful Mess said...

Great idea! I love that you're doing just one month! I wish you happiness and peace. I'm sending you so much love, sweetie!
*HUGS*

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Great pictures and you are beautiful singing in Church.
Wishing you peace and love, dear Cara.

P.S. I got the tshirt yesterday, I love it. I am going to cry when I wear it just so you know. ((Hugs))

MrsSpock said...

I have a Signing Time video playing at the moment:).

Trying to write, and catch the inspiration in the few moments you can catch them can be done, albeit hard. I have no doubt you can!

Wishing you peace into September...