WELCOME TO MY "OTHER" BLOG!

If you are coming from Building Heavenly Bridges (BHB), WELCOME and if you are finding me for the first time and looking for support after a loss, then please check me out at my grief/loss blog!



This blog is a series of anecdotes from our life after losing our first child, a stillborn daughter, then going on to birth the two other lights of our lives!

Bear is 6: serious, organized, my cruise director and my time keeper.

The Comedian is 4: She is pure comedy always doing something unintentionaly funny that I attempt to put into words.

Enjoy our stories, conversations, and delights as we embrace the lives of our second and third daughters without ever negating our first.

Children's Widsom - Quote of the week...

Children's Widsom - Quote of the week...
"I Wish Emma Was Alive Because I Would Tell Her Where The Bathroom Is"

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Passed...Then Surpassed!

Well, she passed.

We all knew that was coming!

And, their teacher gave them lollipops!

They knew that would happen too.
What was less expected were the happy tears pouring from my eyes. Their intensity matched only by the pride and accomplishment glowing in Bears's.

For the record, Comedian did not pass. This, too, was expected. And, contrary to what the image above says, she is not upset about this in the least. "I get to do level ONE again" she says animatedly to anyone who will listen.

Friday was Bear's long earned (like five years in the making) moment.

And, The funny thing about really wanting to do something is that even when you have achieved it you still want to do more, to go further, and try new things that yesterday seemed impossible.

Like this. Holy Cow - I got a swimmer on my hands!

* - A short PSA for all parents: There is a 24 hour fatigue delay when your children swim four hours in one day. The next night expect them in bed a full two hours early!

** - Oh, and don't miss the quote of the week, a lament on the end of swimming!

5 comments:

Kristin said...

I so wish swimming put my kids to bed early.

Huge congrats to Bear! She should be so proud!

Eskimo_Kisses_4_U said...

Congratulations to Bear (and to mom!) What beautiful pics!

Flying Monkeys said...

I swim for 10 minutes and I want to go to sleep 2 hours early...really I just want to go to sleep 2 hours earlier than I do all the time.
Congratulations to Bear!

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Congrats to Bear -- you go, girl, with your swimming self!

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Yippeee for your swimmers!! I am so proud of you, Bear and Comedian.