WELCOME TO MY "OTHER" BLOG!

If you are coming from Building Heavenly Bridges (BHB), WELCOME and if you are finding me for the first time and looking for support after a loss, then please check me out at my grief/loss blog!



This blog is a series of anecdotes from our life after losing our first child, a stillborn daughter, then going on to birth the two other lights of our lives!

Bear is 6: serious, organized, my cruise director and my time keeper.

The Comedian is 4: She is pure comedy always doing something unintentionaly funny that I attempt to put into words.

Enjoy our stories, conversations, and delights as we embrace the lives of our second and third daughters without ever negating our first.

Children's Widsom - Quote of the week...

Children's Widsom - Quote of the week...
"I Wish Emma Was Alive Because I Would Tell Her Where The Bathroom Is"

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Show and Tell - Fulfilling a Promise

Many months ago, I wrote of a girl with streaming tears, heartbroken because "Emma lost all her leaves" (and if blogger was working tonight...I'd have the link - perhaps tomorrow)

Yesterday, she appeared in the doorway beaming a smile that could literally have reached ear to perfect little ear.

"Wow! You look happy!" I said.

"Ye-ya-yah" she said in that adorable I-add-a-third-syllable-to-every-word kind of four year old way. "Emma's leaves are back!!! They're baaaack!!!* You said when Emma's leaves comed back we could take a picture!! Get your camera!! Get it!! Now!!"

So I did.


And it felt so good to be fulfilling that promise made on a chilly fall day when tears fell in unison with her leaves.

Today - all sun - all smiles...and*for clarification, they did not come back overnight like a sister-angel miracle, but I waited for Ms. Comedian to notice for herself -and it was well worth it!

12 comments:

infertilityrocks said...

What a sweet story. So glad her leaves are back (at least for now again)!

Parenthood For Me said...

That is unbelievably cute

A Mom in Jacksonville, FL said...

What a sweetie! And the tree is gorgeous! :)

Dora said...

The bush is gorgeous. And Ms. Comedian is just delish! Of course, you know I'm her fan!

Lori said...

There is something so infectious about The Comedian's smile.

I bet you hear that all the time.

Kristin said...

What a wonderful moment!

Mrs. Gamgee said...

How very sweet! I love when little ones have those 'aha' moments.

Emmy said...

That is a very cute story.

WiseGuy said...

How Nice! Comedian did notice it after all! And she did notice eventually...is very very important...

What kind of tree is that? I know it is Emma's memory - is it a fruit tree or flowering tree or a shady tree?

MrsSpock said...

Hooray! What a zest for life...

Beautiful Mess said...

Aww how beautiful and sweet! I love it!

battynurse said...

What a great picture and story.