WELCOME TO MY "OTHER" BLOG!

If you are coming from Building Heavenly Bridges (BHB), WELCOME and if you are finding me for the first time and looking for support after a loss, then please check me out at my grief/loss blog!



This blog is a series of anecdotes from our life after losing our first child, a stillborn daughter, then going on to birth the two other lights of our lives!

Bear is 6: serious, organized, my cruise director and my time keeper.

The Comedian is 4: She is pure comedy always doing something unintentionaly funny that I attempt to put into words.

Enjoy our stories, conversations, and delights as we embrace the lives of our second and third daughters without ever negating our first.

Children's Widsom - Quote of the week...

Children's Widsom - Quote of the week...
"I Wish Emma Was Alive Because I Would Tell Her Where The Bathroom Is"

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Show and Tell - The Top Bottom of the List

Hey All! Happy Sunday! Do you recall the "top 5 activites demanding great chunks of my time" post from BHB? Well, an honorable mention went to laundry, but now - it's time to REALLY TALK ABOUT IT.
It is an issue. I do it. Really - I do. But, when it's washed, dried and clean...it looks like... this. Not sorted by person or even by small person vs big person. Nope - just a heap of clean clothes in baskets. It stays like that as we pick through morning after morning, on a sock hunt - an underwear mission or searching for that fancy dress we just must wear today.

So, my Show and Tell is ....da da ta da...Laundry Transformation*! (Rhebus Style)
Once upon time there were baskets of
all over the house. In the living room, bedrooms and even in the bathroom. Piles of

signified an empty linen closet. And dressers bursted with

Alas - one Saturday - dear Mama had had enough. Enlisting the help of her two child laborer's they sorted, stacked, donated and ironed (well Mama did the ironing). When they were through, the transformation was impressive. Daddy's


was filled to the brim and the drawers...closed! Mama's

was shiny again, sporting a clean surface and nearly closed drawers. (ignore the rouge blanket - but take note of the donation bag!) And Bear's



looked like this! (for the day anyway - tomorrow all bets are off as she does a great 80's movie imitation when getting dresses - throwing clothes over her shoulder as she picks the right outfit!)

Closets were



and



and


But before you find yourself too impressed or convinced that the system has changed for all of eternity - The Comedian's


still looks like this!

One Mama can only do so much in one day, right? Now go check out what everyone else is Showing and Telling today.

15 comments:

Kristin said...

Way to go Cara. I have piles of clothes like that in my room that need to be put away.

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Well THIS is inspiring.

And now I feel like a slug. I need to get with the laundry program!

Pamela T. said...

Fortunately for me my DH has no problem being the laundry king, and that's a very good thing. I fear for what might happen to our clothing...

Anonymous said...

I don't mind doing the laundry, or even folding it, but I hate putting it away! You made some major progress! Good for you.

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

This looks so much like my house with all the laundry and stuff piled up. I am sure that little girls dirty laundry smells ALOT better than our boys.

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Great work! Hope everyone enjoys this new lifestyle enough to sustain it.

AnotherDreamer said...

LOL! Your before pictures look like my house. I attempt to straighten it all up once a month... and it lasts maybe the weekend, lol.

Nice work though. Impressive!

JuliaS said...

Cara - you and I are kindred laundry spirits. I firmly believe in the pile method. One pile of dirties, piles of cleanies all over. When the clean pile is overshadowed by the dirty pile - it is time to do laundry again. :0)

I just cleaned my closet and bedroom this past week too and now all my clothes are hanging nicely and my draws are filled and shut. I just did a HUGE pile of laundry folding too. Hmmmmm - are we operating off the same wavelength or something . . . ?

Honestly, I would rather scrub toilets than fold laundry. But now I make myself do it in front of the tv. It is the only way I will let myself watch tv now. The tv sometimes sits off for days at a time now . . . . :0)

The Steadfast Warrior said...

Yay Cara! Good job. :)

I have a confession... I don't do the laundry in our household- hubby does. I'm supposed to iron but.. well, it doens't happen very often. Thank goodness for being able to hang things right out of the dryer...

areyoukiddingme said...

I fold and sort out of the dryer, but the clothes don't often move from the top of the washer/dryer. My husband, who doesn't ever like to fold the clothes, wants them put away immediately. I like to wait until I'm done with the laundry and then do a massive organization.

Good luck keeping it up!

Soralis said...

Oh man I really dislike laundry! The bigger they get I think the less fun it is going to be!

Take care

ICLW

Anonymous said...

Isn't it funny how so many of us have laundry issues? I do ours regularly, even take it out and fold it while still warm (as my mother taught me!) but I get stalled at the putting away part . . .

momofonefornow said...

Our dressers and baskets look just like your before pics!

Stacie said...

Ha! I am just the same. I don't mind doing the laundry so much, it is the putting it away that I hate!

MrsSpock said...

My husband is so tidy, and my side of the room generally looks like the Comedian's. I don't think there's any hope of that ever changing.

There are better things to do than put away laundry, right?